Optimism in the new year

As you probably know, Chris Hadfield made history in 2013 when he became the first Canadian astronaut to act as commander of the Internation Space Station. I have great respect for him and what he has accomplished and couldn’t help sharing this video. Enjoy!

As we prepare for the new year and the second half of our course, I’d like you to reflect on this video. What are you optimistic about this year? Add a comment to let us know!

10 comments

Skip to comment form

• IAn on January 6, 2016 at 11:12 am

Im a drop my mixtape Live from Lockup optimistic cuz goon squad trapping to thatt

• Adrianna on January 6, 2016 at 11:14 am

optimistic about getting my high school leaving and to start my studies to become a doctor!

• Darla on January 6, 2016 at 11:15 am

This year, I am optimistic about finally graduating high school and starting cegep. I’m optimistic about finally learning about what I want to learn and discovering more about the world around me.

• Joelle on January 6, 2016 at 11:16 am

i can’t wait to graduate and move on to “the real world”.its going to be great moving away to another city and starting over again. i can’t wait to start something completely different next year. i also can’t wait for baseball to start again. i am really optimistic about 2016 i think its going to be a year full of exciting new adventures.

• Feno on January 6, 2016 at 11:17 am

I am optimistic this year about finishing high school strong. Often times I find myself so stressed and demotivated but this year I’m gonna try and focus on the bright side of things. Among other things, I’m also optimistic about applying for university this year and hopefully getting on the pathway towards reaching my ultimate goal as astronaut.

• Noah on January 6, 2016 at 11:18 am

I’m optimistic about trying my hardest and graduate high school with good marks!

• Connor on January 6, 2016 at 11:18 am

i am optimistic about finishing high school

• Josh on January 6, 2016 at 11:18 am

I am optimistic about completing this last year of highschool and finding success with the objectives that will follow!

• Hannah on January 6, 2016 at 11:19 am

i am optimistic about finishing high school and beginning my studies in college.

• Tyler on January 6, 2016 at 11:19 am

I am optimistic about finishing off the rest of the school year with good marks and try to set my goals even higher.