In September, I asked a few students who were taking LEARN courses for the second year, what advice they would give to students taking courses online for the first time. Here are some insights from Emilie:
- Find a study partner.
- Log in early.
- Look ahead in the text book before class.
- Save notes and screen grabs in file on computer – it helps with organization.
- Don’t be shy to use the microphone – it is nice to hear voices other than the teacher!
- Keep off-topic chatting to a minimum – it is distracting!
- Ask for help! There are no stupid questions. Someone else might be thinking the same thing.